Saturday, June 17, 2006

Metro



I love this band - I Am The World Trade Center (named well before 9/11 - even so there apparently has been controversy over the name.) ANYWAY not my place to debate that, especially since I can't be bothered getting into it. One reason I love this band is because singer Amy Dyke was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma in 2004, and while I obviously do not know the band personally, from what I've been able to read, Dyke is doing very well - see this article for a great interview with the other member of the band, Dan Geller - near the end he mentions that Dyke's recovery is going well.



http://www.ink19.com/issues/september2004/interviews/wtc.html



I just love a come back story, you know? An 'overcoming adversity' story, good stuff. Especially when we're talking about potentially fatal diseases.

OK so this has gotten a bit more dramatic than I intended. ROLE THE VIDEO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home