Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Has The Digital Age Made Things Easier Or Harder For Photographers?

The digital age certainly have advantages, such as as contiguous mental image review, contiguous client blessing of images, clip savings, more than than control, etc. The caveat; higher outlooks from clients, long hours in presence of a computer, more expensive equipment, having to upgrade every 2 old age and the listing travels on.

Despite the aforesaid drawbacks, I can't imagination life without my digital SLR's. Seeing mental images immediately on my photographic cameras liquid crystal display silver screen is invaluable. It no uncertainty do my mental images better because I'm able to experimentation more. I don't have got to think or hope that I got everything right because I've already seen the image. I don't have got to worry about a bad luck at the laboratory or my invaluable movie getting lost in transit. Fillet in the center of a shoot to change movie was a hurting in the but. Now I can hit 500 or more than shots before swapping out the memory card. I don't utilize a visible light metre on most shoots because I can see the mental images immediately and expression at the histogram or blinking highlights. When I see an mental image I like, I can demo it to the client and acquire contiguous feedback. This put option them more than at easiness which is good for everyone. Another recent advantage of digital is low visible light capability. The newest batch of professional, digital SLR's tin green goods beautiful mental images in very low light. These same mental images on movie would be grainy, with less direct contrast and shifted colors.

Wow, digital picture taking sounds great, so what's the downside?

Before digital took over as the preferable medium of most professionals, we sent our movie off to a laboratory to be processed. The laboratory then shipped the black and whites back or driblet shipped them directly to the client. The photographers occupation was mostly over as soon as he pushed the shutter release. The laboratories would colorize right images, set exposure and anything else needed. In the digital age, the photographer is usually responsible for all of this work. Clients anticipate to see finished, ready for black and white mental images in a very short clip period. Photographers today have got adapted by becoming expert photograph retouch people themselves.

Post production travels something like this.

Immediately backup all mental images on at-least 2 difficult thrusts and DVD.

Remove unserviceable images.

Retouch remaining mental images with photoshop.

Create a low reticuloendothelial system gallery for the client to see and do their concluding mental mental image selection.

Do a concluding image retouch on the clients chosen images.

Upload concluding mental images to Lab for printing.

Deliver to client.

This procedure often takes longer than the existent shoot did.

Photographers save money in laboratory and movie costs but pass considerably more than on expensive digital equipment that, like a computer, is outdated in two years.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home